News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of April 22 thru April 27
**ADDITIONAL PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE LOWER LOT.**
**TRACK 1 WAS OUT OF SERVICE FROM JAN. 19 AND WILL LAST SIX MONTHS.
*PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Please note that a new push button pedestrian crosswalk has been installed on Sound Beach Avenue to assist pedestrians.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue.
Daytime Operations, April 22 thru April 27
- Waterproof the back walls at Tomac Avenue Bridge.
- Relocate temporary power supply to field office at lower lot.
- Field measurements for handrailing at north platform.
- Miscellaneous clean-up and housekeeping.
EXPECT ALTERNATING ONE-WAY TRAFFIC ON SOUND BEACH AVE. AND TOMAC AVE. FROM 9 AM - 3 PM.
NO SIDEWALK CLOSURES
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east and west sidewalks for pedestrian safety.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.