News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of Nov. 12 thru Nov. 16
THE SOUTH LOWER PARKING LOT PAVING AND STRIPING WAS COMPLETED ON 9-14-18 AND THE LOT IS NOW FULLY OPEN.
**TRACK 3 IS PENDING THE GRANTING OF (6) MONTH OUTAGE FROM METRO NORTH. (Scheduled to start in December 2018.)
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- THE SOUTH LOWER PARKING LOT PAVING AND STRIPING WAS COMPLETED ON 9-14-18 AND THE LOT IS FULLY OPEN.
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue. Both sidewalks are open.
Night Time Operations (11/12/18 to 11/16/18):
- No night time work is scheduled this week.
Daytime Operations (11/12/18 to 11/16/18):
- Install hand railing bolts on North platform.
- Paint underside of shelter ceilings.
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east and west sidewalks.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.
NEW SIDEWALK WAS INSTALLED ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF TOMAC AVENUE.