News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of May 19 thru May 25
**EXISTING BIKE RACK AT SOUTH LOT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEW BIKE RACK (FURTHER EAST). Remaining locked and unlocked bikes from the old bike rack will be relocated to the new bike rack and left unlocked.
**PARKING SPACES IN THE LOWER LOT WILL BE LIMITED DUE TO THE START OF GRANITE CURB OPERATION. PLEASE UTILIZE UPPER LOT AND NORTH PARKING LOT.**
**TRACK 1 WAS OUT OF SERVICE FROM JAN. 19 AND WILL LAST SIX MONTHS.
*PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Please note that a new push button pedestrian crosswalk has been installed on Sound Beach Avenue to assist pedestrians. (North crosswalk signal is pending repair due to a car accident. Please use caution.)
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue.
- No nightime operations scheduled this week.
Daytime Operations, May 19 thru May 25
- Install forms and rebar for north platorm stairs.
- Water proofing bridge decks at Tomac Avenue.
- Install granite curb at lower parking lot.
- Install electrical conduits under roadway for pay station at lower lot.
EXPECT ALTERNATING ONE-WAY TRAFFIC ON SOUND BEACH AVE. WEDNESDAY MORNING, MAY 16, FROM 9 AM TO NOON
NO SIDEWALK CLOSURES
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east and west sidewalks for pedestrian safety.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing. (North crosswalk signal post was hit and damaged by a car causing signal to be non-functional. Please use caution when crossing. Repair is pending.)