News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of October 7 thru October 11
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- Upgrades to North lot involving drainage and sidewalk work is due to start this week. Please follow traffic control devices single access to West side of station house is limited.
- Track 3 is back to service.
- The use of stairways from Sound Beach Avenue to Track 3 North Platform is now available. Please utilize recently opened Northeast stariway.
- Platforms on the bridge and West of the bridge are closed for final railing installation. Pedestrian access will be limited to existing platforms East of the bridge.
Night Time Operations (10/7/19 to 10/10/19):
- Night work is scheduled this week involving bridge paining touch-up at track level and installment of clearance sign at Tomac Avenue, Monday night through Thursday night, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Daytime Operations (10/7/19 to 10/11/19):
- Punch list work to continue.
- Survey work at North lot
- Sawcut and excavate for drainage work at North lot.
Temporary lane shifts are expected on Sound Beach Avenue next week, Monday night through Thursday night, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., to perform painting on the bridge.
Alternating one-way traffic is expected on Tomac Avenue next week, Monday night through Thursday night, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., to perform painting on the bridge.
The north parking lot will have limited access starting next Monday, Oct. 7, for proposed drainage and sidewalk upgrades requested by the town. Access to the West side of the station house will be limited. Please utilize East side and other lots.