News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of November 16 thru November 22
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- Upgrades to north lot involving drainage and sidewalk work are under way. Please follow traffic control devices single access to west side of station house is limited.
- The use of stairways from Sound Beach Avenue to Track 3 north platform is now available. Please utilize recently opened northeast stairway.
- Platforms on the bridge and west of the bridge are closed for final railing installation. Pedestrian access will be limited to existing platforms east of the bridge.
Night Time Operations (11/16/19 to 11/22/19):
- No night work is scheduled this week.
Daytime Operations (11/16/19 to 11/22/19):
- Punch list work to continue.
- Finish drainage work at north lot.
- Continue installing sidewalks and curbing work at north lot.
- Replace existing rubber seals at platform joints.
The north parking lot has limited access for proposed drainage and sidewalk upgrades requested by the town. Access to the west side of the station house will be limited. Please utilize east side and other lots.
Bike and scooter parking in the north lot will be limited. Please utilize new bike and scooter parking at the south lot.