News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of Feb. 17 thru Feb. 22
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- Platforms on the bridge and West of the bridge are closed for bridge demolition. Pedestrian access will be limited to existing platforms East of the bridge.
- Additional new platforms and shelter are also available at East end of the existing platform.
- New stairs adjacent to new shelter at North Platform are now open for access to new platform sections. Please utilize.
Night Time Operations (2/17/19 to 2/21/19):
- Track 3 outage and support work by Metro-North Railroad.
- Excavate and install temporary platform support system at Sound Beach Avenue bridge.
- Demo bridge deck at Sound Beach Avenue.
Daytime Operations (2/18/19 to 2/22/19):
- Snow removal at sidewalks and bridge plates when needed.
- Saw cutting bridge abutment walls at Sound Beach Avenue and Tomac Avenue.
Sound Beach Avenue will have alternating one-way traffic from Sunday night, Feb. 17, 2019 to Thursday night, Feb. 22, 2019, between the hours of 9:00 pm and 5:00 am for demolition pruposes. Please utilize traffic control devices and signs to follow detours around the work zone.
South Beach Avenue and Tomac Avenue will have alternating one-way traffic from Monday (day time) Feb. 18, 2019 to Friday, Feb. 22, 2019 between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm for the purpose of saw cutting abutment walls.
Track 3 six month outage started Saturday night, Jan. 12, 2019. Please utilize bridge plates at North Platform to access Track 1.
Stairs at Northwest corner of bridge are closed for bridge demolition. Please utilize stairs at Northeast side.