News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of Sept. 17 thru Sept. 21
THE SOUTH LOWER PARKING LOT PAVING AND STRIPING WAS COMPLETED ON 9-14-18 AND THE LOT IS NOW FULLY OPEN.
**TRACK 3 IS PENDING THE GRANTING OF (6) MONTH OUTAGE FROM METRO NORTH.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- THE SOUTH LOWER PARKING LOT PAVING AND STRIPING WAS COMPLETED ON 9-14-18 AND THE LOT IS FULLY OPEN.
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue. Both sidewalks are open.
Night Time Operations (9/17/18 to 9/21/18):
- No night time work is scheduled this week.
Daytime Operations (9/17/18 to 9/21/18):
- No day time work is scheduled this week.
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east sidewalk have been removed on a temporary basis to allow for the Town’s drainage work to proceed. Barriers will be replaced to their original position next week.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.
NEW SIDEWALK WAS INSTALLED ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF TOMAC AVENUE.