News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of September 17 thru September 23
*NO NIGHT TIME OPERATIONS SCHEDULED
*WORK SCHEDULED TO CONTINURE ON THE REMAINING PORTION OF THE RETAINING WALL IN THE LOWER PARKING LOT. Please expect some traffic congestion in the lower lot due to construction vehicles and equipment. **Please respect the traffic control divices.**
*PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Please note that a new push button pedestrian crosswalk has been installed on Sound Beach Avenue to assist pedestrians.
*NORTHEAST SIDEWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Is open for regular use.
*PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY ESTABLISHED. Please note that a protective walkway has been established along the driveway leading from the northbound station platform to Sound Beach Avenue.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for demolishing and reconstructing of the new stairs.
Daytime Operations, September 17 thru September 23
- Day Time Operations are scheduled to continue on Monday, September 11 through Friday, September 15, 6 am to 2:30 pm daily.
- Continue setting retaining wall panels for remaining portion of the lower lot Retaining Wall.
- Contractor to begin installation of conduit and light poles at the new Sound Beach Avenue Stair ways.
- Start the installation of the moment slab and parapet at the top of the MSE wall.
- Work on the South Platform handrailing on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.