News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of Jan. 13 thru Jan. 19
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- Platforms on the bridge and West of the bridge will be closed starting Sunday night, Jan. 20, 2019. Pedestrian access will be limited to existing platforms East of the bridge.
- Additional new platforms and shelter are also available at East end of the existing platform.
- New stairs adjacent to new shelter at North Platform will be open for access to new platform sections. Please utilize.
Night Time Operations (1/12/19 to 1/18/19):
- Bridge plate installation is scheduled for Saturday night, Jan. 12, 2019
- Track 3 outage and support work by Metro-North Railroad.
Daytime Operations (1/12/19 to 1/18/19):
- Remove platform light poles and install temporary lights at North section over roadway. Schedule for Thursday and Friday.
- Metro-North Railroad to remove Track 3 and ties.
Sound Beach Avenue will be closed nightly from Sunday night, Jan. 20, 2019 to Thursday night, Jan. 24, 2019, between the hours of 9:00 pm and 5:00 am for demolition pruposes. Please utilize traffic control devices and signs to follow detours around the work zone.
Track 3 six month outage is scheduled to start this Saturday night, Jan. 12, 2019. Please utilize bridge plates at North Platform to access Track 1.
Stairs at Northwest corner of bridge will be closed starting Sunday night, Jan. 20, 2019. Please utilize stairs at Northeast side.