News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of July 23 thru July 27
PARKING SPACES AT LOWER LOT WILL BE LIMITED IN FRONT OF THE RETAINING WALL DUE TO STAINING ACTIVITY.
**TRACK 1 WAS OUT OF SERVICE FROM JAN. 19 AND WILL LAST SIX MONTHS.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue.
Nighttime Operations (7/23/18 to 7/27/18):
- No nighttime work is scheduled this week.
Daytime Operations, July 23 thru July 27
- Seal surface of new north platform sections
- Patch/caulk lifting holes at north platform
- Continue to stain retaining wall at lower lot
- Continue to install shelter roofing.
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east and west sidewalks for pedestrian safety.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.