News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of March 19 thru March 23
**ADDITIONAL PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE LOWER LOT.**
**TRACK 1 WAS OUT OF SERVICE FROM JAN. 19 AND WILL LAST SIX MONTHS.
*PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Please note that a new push button pedestrian crosswalk has been installed on Sound Beach Avenue to assist pedestrians.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- East sidewalk is closed at Sound Beach Avenue; please use West sidewalk. Please utilize crosswalks.
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue.
Daytime Operations, March 19 thru March 23
- Place concrete and strip forms at Sound Beach Avenue Bridge (East abutment)
- Expect alternating one-way traffic on Sound Beach Ave. and Tomac Ave. from 9 am - 3 pm
- Form and install reinforcements at Tomac Avenue Bridge and Sound Beach Avenue Bridge
- Place concrete for bridge seat (East abutment) at Sound Beach Avenue Bridge.
EXPECT ALTERNATING ONE-WAY TRAFFIC ON SOUND BEACH AVE. AND TOMAC AVE. FROM 9 AM - 3 PM.
(EAST SIDEWALK IS CLOSED ON SOUND BEACH AVE. PLEASE USE WEST SIDEWALK; PLEASE UTILIZE CROSS WALKS.)
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east and west sidewalks for pedestrian safety.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.