News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of January 12 thru January 21
**ADDITIONAL PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE LOWER LOT.**
**TRACK 3 IS SCHEDULED TO BE BACK IN SERVICE ON SATURDAY, JAN. 13, 2018.
*PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Please note that a new push button pedestrian crosswalk has been installed on Sound Beach Avenue to assist pedestrians.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
- New sidewalk safety improvements implemented at South Beach Avenue.
- Remove bridge plates at North platform, Track 3 side Friday night, Jan. 12, from 9 pm to 5 am, at Old Greenwich, Riverside, and Cos Cob Stations.
- Begin demolition work at Sound Beach Avenue Bridge (Stage 6A) on Sunday night, Jan. 21.
Daytime Operations, January 15 thru January 19
- Various electrical work on North Platform
NEW SIDEWALK SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PATTERN INSTALLED AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE: New concrete barriers placed along the east and west sidewalks for pedestrian safety.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.