News, Traffic and Parking Updates
Public Information Week of November 19 thru November 24
*NIGHT TIME OPERATIONS Scheduled for Sunday night, Nov. 19 through Tuesday night, Nov. 21 from 9 pm to 5 am. (Detour is planned at Tomac Avenue Bridge on Tuesday night, Nov. 21)
*WORK SCHEDULED TO CONTINUE TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL PARKING SPACES AND STRIPING IN THE LOWER PARKING LOT. WORK STARTED AT NORTH PARKING LOT TO INSTALL FOUNDATIONS FOR PLATFORM EXTENSIONS. Please expect some traffic congestion in the North parking lot due to construction vehicles and equipment. **Please respect the traffic control devices.**
*NORTH PLATFROM IS BEING JACKED AT OLD GREENWICH STATION. PLEASE RESPECT METRO-NORTH RAILROAD'S FLAGGER DIRECTIONS.
*PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK - SOUND BEACH AVENUE - Please note that a new push button pedestrian crosswalk has been installed on Sound Beach Avenue to assist pedestrians.
*DAY WORK IS SCHEDULED MONDAY, NOV. 20 THROUGH WEDNESDAY, NOV. 22 FROM 6 AM TO 2:30 PM TO PERFORM JACKING OF NORTH PLATFORM AND INSTALL ELECTRICAL CONDUITS AT SOUND BEACH AVENUE STATION.
*PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY ESTABLISHED. Please note that a protective walkway has been established along the driveway leading from the northbound station platform to Sound Beach Avenue.
Construction Activities and Notices Regarding Pedestrian and Commuter Access:
- New access points open from the parking lot to the northbound/New Haven side of the station platform.
- New Pedestrian protected walkway access along driveway to northbound platform area.
- The East side staircases accessing the Northbound/New Haven side of the tracks from Sound Beach Avenue have been closed and will remain closed for installation of new handrailing.
Night Operations, November 19 thru November 22
- Remove ballast and install SOE at Sound Beach Avenue and Tomac Avenue (Track 3).
- Install temporary stringers at Tomac Avenue Bridge. Expect closure of roadway at bridge on Tuesday night, Nov. 21. Please follow detour.
Daytime Operations, November 20 thru November 22
- Day Time Operations are scheduled to continue on Monday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 22, 6 am to 2:30 pm daily.
- Relocate chain link fence at Northeast section of platform.
- Jacking existing North platforms at approaches to South Beach Avenue bridge (Track 3 side).
- Install electrical conduits at Sound Beach Avenue Bridge and Station.
NEW PUSH BUTTON PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK OPEN: Please note a new crosswalk has been installed at either end of the Sound Beach Avenue Rail Road Overpass to facilitate pedestrian crossing.